Media Asset Management
In today’s fast-paced environment, broadcast, media and entertainment companies need to assemble the most relevant digital assets as quickly as possible, streamline production costs and increase revenue opportunities. To boost productivity levels, staff members need to be able to rapidly preview, access, share, assemble and deliver programs to an always-increasing number of device platforms.
Developed to solve those challenges, Dalet Galaxy is a business-centric Media Asset Management platform for managing assets, metadata, workflows and processes throughout the multimedia production and distribution chain.
Ideally Suited for All Types of Workflows
Unprecedented Third-Party Integration Thanks to Open IT Architecture
Developed from the ground up to meet the needs of the broadcast and media industries, Dalet Galaxy is an open MAM platform that boasts integration and support for more than 100 broadcast and IT partners. Complete interoperability with Traffic, NRCS, NLEs, production systems, broadcast servers, HSM, storage solutions, Quality Control, automation, as well as CMS platforms, creates a truly unified environment, fosters collaboration and speeds up live-to-air operations.
Scalable and Flexible Platform
From small size to large-scale organizations, Dalet Galaxy delivers efficiency and the assurance that new technologies can be implemented in the future. Its unique distributed architecture can be perfectly adapted to the level of functionality and service organizations need and grow as requirements evolve. Additional concurrent users can easily be added by simply increasing servers CPUs. To further adapt to specific requirements, Dalet Galaxy features configurable contextual metadata fields.
Substantial Productivity Gains
Dalet Galaxy streamlines workflows and enhances productivity through:
- A centralized multimedia content catalogue allowing for immediate access to all content, including archived material
- Metadata tracking across diverse systems that eliminates the need to duplicate entries and makes searches more efficient
- Third-party integration providing a cohesive workflow that fosters collaboration and speeds up live-to-air operations
- Edit while record capabilities allowing for faster content distribution
- Multisite capabilities
- A BPM workflow engine automating both back-office and user tasks
- Centralized administration and system management tools drastically decreasing administration costs
- System-wide IT and broadcast analysis tools adding a layer of system visibility across the entire Dalet-driven workflow. Administrators can manage the system as a whole from the top town optimizing back-office processes and server/storage load balancing, as well as anticipating bottlenecks
- An Open, scalable and flexible IT architecture allowing organizations to tailor their infrastructure to their needs and rapidly respond to changing business needs
Media Asset Management & Orchestration Platform
Dalet Galaxy is the common and unique platform to address all Dalet workflow solutions for News, Sports, Program Preparation, Radio, long-form Production and Archives. Highly flexible, scalable and reliable, it incorporates:
Collaborative User Tools
Highly-customizable, intuitive and collaborative set of user tools designed to support specific media operations at every step of the workflow.
- Configurable workspaces to address unique workflow requirements
- 4 client applications: Dalet Galaxy Desktop, Dalet WebSpace, Dalet On-the-Go mobile app and Dalet Xtend for third-party client applications such as craft editors
- Notifications, ticker and chat keep users connected & always up-to-date Key modules
- Central ingest management tools control content import and/or encoding
- Dalet MediaLogger for time-coded logs
- Dalet ClipBin for shared shot selections, storyboards & EDLs
- Dalet OneCut full desktop multimedia editor
- Full NRCS suite of tools to plan stories, view wires, harvest twitter feeds, write stories and build rundowns
- Scheduling & program board
- Play out radio or television content using Dalet OnAir, Dalet Carts and Dalet Continuity playout
- Tasks lists
- Dalet Track Stack & Version Editor enable to build collections of tracks and decision points to assemble media packages
- Social Media Pane for 1-click social publishing and federated view of posted content
Media Asset Management
A unique database and central content catalog references all multimedia content acquired or produced across workflows.
- Manages complex media objects as well as relational assets
- Flexible & configurable metadata model
- Glossaries & thesaurus
- Powerful search engine with faceted search capabilities
Industry-standard, BPMN 2.0 compliant Dalet Workflow Engine connects entities and orchestrates media workflows across the enterprise, providing greater visibility and efficiency. Webbased intuitive graphical interface to design and model business processes including user tasks, service tasks, decision gateways, timeout and error management. Workflows can be driven by any metadata in the platform.
Tapping into the deep, multi-layered data model of Dalet Galaxy, the Dalet Report Center allows users to analyze vast amounts of user and system activity, from one or several Dalet sites. Data is consistently extracted and made available for consolidation into Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and configurable reports.
- Flexible and modular framework
- Functions of the platform are built as unitary services
- Standard protocols and mechanisms for data synchronization, data exchange and external device control
- Services can be distributed over several hosts in a server farm and can be clustered to provide high availability with no single point of failure
- Highly scalable, by simply adding more server CPUs, scale from dozens to thousands of concurrent users and processes
Framework for integration
Large set of out-of-the-box connectors to media and metadata services offered by partner technologies.
- Framework for ad-hoc integration
- Fully documented SOAP and REST Web Services APIs
- Supports all standard data exchange protocols
Administration & Security
The Dalet Galaxy System Administration module lets administrators build metadata models and granularly define user rights, client views and system policies.
From Dalet Galaxy to Dalet End-to-End Solutions
By incorporating fully integrated and easy-to-use tools into this robust Media Asset Management platform, Dalet delivers end-to-end and tailored solutions for: